I feel so priveliged to know what I want in life. I know that I want to work in comedy. I know that I want to work specifically for overseas comedy festivals. I want to have my own comedy company. The thing is with the comedy industry is that you don't need qualifications. Everything you do in comedy is down to experience, contacts, ability. Whether you went to Cambridge or never went to uni at all isn't significant in my chosen industry.
This means that it sometimes feels irritating and pointless going to college. At the moment I just feel so uninterested in the whole thing. It's not what I want to do. At night and at weekends I can immerse myself in what I want to spend my life doing, but then every day I have to work hard in some subjects I don't even like. It's so I can get to a good university and therefore have a back up plan. It's hard to find motivation for something which is essentially 'what I'll do if I fail'. There's no passion in it!
This has begun to make me quite complacent with all my work- I can't be bothered. It's dangerous as I'm doing an intensive course. It's a lot of work. I am so happy I'm doing this course though because some of the subjects I hate most are subjects I probably would have taken if I was doing A-Levels to make sure i had a safe back up plan, so I'm glad it's balanced nicely with subjects I like.
Oh yeah and I think I've decided what I want my extended essay to be on- the number 3.
Speak soon lovers
xx
2 comments:
My only advice to offer here is: keep on with college. It's an experience in your life that is definitely worthwhile. And you never know -- maybe it'll bring something that you can use in your comedy career? Cause surely, that's about life experiences as well? :)
I know it'll be tough, but to get where you want in life there are always stepping stones you'd rather jump.. xxxx
My only advice to offer here is: keep on with college. It's an experience in your life that is definitely worthwhile. And you never know -- maybe it'll bring something that you can use in your comedy career? Cause surely, that's about life experiences as well? :)
I know it'll be tough, but to get where you want in life there are always stepping stones you'd rather jump.. xxxx
Post a Comment