Hello!!!
I have had a personal reply from the person responsible for marketing products at Ryvita. Since the email ends in one of those 'confidential, do not disclose to 3rd party' etc etc thingies and I am a very paranoid person, here is an abridged version.
"Dear Miss XXX
Thankyou for your email. I am responsible for Marketing Ryvita products and wanted to drop you a line personally in response to your email.
I am very sorry to hear that the new TV advert had upset you in this way... The last thing we wanted to do was to reinforce any negative perceptions of body image and I am sincerely sorry if any comments have made you feel as though that is what we have done.
We are conscious that Ryvita has a very strong association with `dieting? with many women... we deliberately decided to use four friends in our adverts, all at different life stages. Their conversation is intended to reflect everyday chat between friends.
Thank you once again for taking the trouble to contact us and let us have your views your email is very much appreciated & will influence how we view these issues in future.
Yours sincerely,
I personally am really happy. I know it is a small thing to say and might not influence anything in reality, but I think it is important that if something does offend people that they should say something.
No comments:
Post a Comment