Monday, 4 May 2009

Prom

Hello!

Sooo I had my prom on Friday! The traditional way to celebrate coming to the end of a compulsory education. I was on the prom committee because my friend made me and in the end the whole prom committee ended up being just me and her which meant if it was sh*t then it was our fault. I decided i didn't want to buy a new dress for it because I had been to so many wedding etc that it seemed like a waste of money to buy a whole new dress, but it did mean I had the slight feeling of 'oh well everyone has seen this dress before, nothing special' and so I wasn't really too excited about it. That and I've had a bit of drama in my life recently with some people who've been getting me down and so I just had other things on my mind.

My cousin came over to help me get ready and she did an amazing job- I really felt pretty- especially with my braces off allowing me to SMILE.



I went in a limo with my lovely friends and we all looked lovely and lovely loveliness


Then we had a pleasant meal and we were on tables with our friends and just enjoying ourselves whilst looking pretty:


After the meal it was time for dancing etc but I hate dancing so decided to go and have some nice chats with my favourite teachers. I ended up having a long, in depth conversation with my RS teacher where he gave me relationship advice. A bit weird, but very useful!

Once the prom ended it was time for the Afterprom!!! The infamous event where everyone goes to get wasted and gazeboed and where the intention is to not go home and partaaaayy all night! In the week leading up to the prom I kept changing my mind as to whether I would drink or not. At first I was thinking that I wouldn't because I didn't want to do something I regretted like pulling someone I didn't like, especially since I have been interested in a certain person recently. Unfortunately part way through that week my interest in certain person took a slight blip and so I decided I was going to drink. I went through the alcohol in our house (permission was obtained) and found two half bottles of dessert wine... they looked a bit weird but I thought they would be suitable as they were quite small. I got to the afterprom, opened one of them to discover they were so old that the wine had fermented again and it was now very strong vinegar. I left it on a table for someone else to drink. I wondered around having sips of everyone else's alcohol when I was offered some vodka shots- I had two and began feeling very tipsy. Then I bought a can of strongbow off a friend so started drinking that veeeeeerry slowly.

By this time I was very drunk and was wondering around for people looking for my friend Jade and shouting at people 'Jade! Jade! Oh it's you- I don't want you!" I also decided it would be a good time to confess to every person I had ever fancied since coming to secondary school how I had felt about them. I told one person that I fancied them in year 8 and he replied 'oh yeah someone told me that at fraser's party the other day' which was weird but I went on to justify myself by saying 'but i stopped fancying you because you called me fat' which he then apologised for- so yeay me :P ! I told a very stoned male friend of mine that I had always thought he was fit which he found flattering. Then there were a couple of other people too, but oh well! I had a most enjoyable conversation with one guy who said "Tasha- you like Eddie Izzard and the Mighty Boosh, don't you? I LIKE EDDIE IZZARD AND THE MIGHTY BOOSH! We have the same mind!!!" most amusing! Then I kissed this one guy who seems to be my drunken kiss-friend, but he's a terrible kisser so methinks it'll be the last!

At around 1.30 I was lying in the grass when I looked over to see a really close friend of mine crying with people gathering around her. I got up to see what was going on and turned out she was so drunk and stoned on weed that the parents of the people who held the afterprom had called her parents. I was meant to be staying at hers but I thought it was best if I didn't so with a guy friend we walked her up to the top of the road where she was to be picked up. She was completely out of it, crying and occasionally just collapsing and it was really disturbing. When her parents came she started begging me to go with her so eventually I agreed and ended up leaving the party early and spending the next few hours holding a bucket for her. The upside was that as I was so drunk myself, I didn't notice the stench of vomit. :)

It was quite a nice little ego-trip to look after someone if I'm honest.

So that was the prom. I probably won't have another event like that ever, but I enjoyed it as best as I could.
:D

peace out

xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look very nice.x