I don't wear matching socks... as a rule. I used to, but I then began feeling that finding a matching pair was too much effort and now every time I wear a matching pair I feel edgy and nervous. If I don't have socks that are completely different colours then I will be happy enough with socks that have different heel toe colour thingies- i know what I mean.
Yesterday at drama we launched into a big discussion about my odd sockness and as people have started noticing it more recently (I've got a new favourite pair of shoes that reveal more sock than my normal pair) it's becoming a more significant part of my outer appearance.
I was at Speakers Corner today in Hyde Park with my friend's comedy friends who I'd only just met and they were trying out some comedic ranting whilst standing on buckets. Some man standing next to speaker on buckets then shouted- 'She's wearing odd socks!' to which bucket man replied 'That means she's good in bed'. I get that it was amusing, but out of all the things in the world- why does everything relate back to that? Maybe Freud was right! It certainly isn't the impression I intend to give off :D . I just confuse myself right now. I like that the bucket man just assumed i was old enough for that to be appropriate- not because I like that sort of attention (:S) but because I am so tired of feeling protected the whole time. I don;t know.... let's not get into this now, I should be doing work.
Night
x
T
1 comment:
Haha! I used to wear odd socks too. And shoes, and earrings. I loved being mismatched!
I totally get what you mean. To be honest, I get rather angry about it! I hate how cheapened down sex has become in this society, and how everything seems to go back to it. I mean, odd socks??! What on earth??
Isn't it funny how, when we're younger, we want to be seen as being older than we are, and yet as we get older, we want the opposite? People keep trying to guess how old I am seeing as it's recently been my birthday, and something inside me gets annoyed when someone thinks that I'm 19.. It's so weird!
Hope you're well lovely. Here for you xxxx
Post a Comment