Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Newday Global

First off I want to apologise for the previous post.

Anyway, for a few years now I've wanted to join in with Newday Global. This year is the first year I am old enough, but I did not think I would be able to do it because my parents had already booked our family holiday and I was almost certain the dates would clash.
I prayed that if I was supposed to go on it that the dates would not collide. I found out today that if I went on Newday Global then I would get back the day before I was going on holiday- perfect. I was so excited and I was waiting for my Mum to get home before I spoke to her about it as it is quite expensive.

Newday Global is an opportunity for the me, as a Christian, to go to another country, with people I don't know and step out of my comfort zone and plant a new church and practically show people God's love with helping the sick and poor. i really have a heart for the nations so i've wanted to do it because I want to see if God is really in it for me.

So I told my Mum how much it was and this immediatly turned her against it. She said she would want me to pay for it myself, which is utterly fair enough. My Dad then asked what we were on about and so I told him and he got really angry at the idea of me doing anything remotely mission-based or wanting to demonstrate my faith. I'm just so frustrated and devastated because I so badly want to do it and I so believe in my faith, yet to have my parent be so ignorant and so rude and disrespectful to something i believe is heartbreaking.

I don't know what to do.

Even if I got the money myself which somehow I could hopefully manage there is no way my Dad will let me go.

Bye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmph. Hmph, Hmph, Hmphyhmph.

Maybe next year then, eh?