Thursday, 22 March 2007

Hypocrisy

As my previous post stated briefly about the President For A Day thing I went on... I shall now share my views about one thing..... Catholic Church Hypocrisy.
The day was based around the idea of helping people in third world countries and how, as Christians and as citizens of the world, should help these people and all about how third world debt arises. The talk then went on to say how Christians are the ones who started up the whole agenda of cancelling third world debt and are largely responsible for any decrease in poverty..... I thought all fair and good blah blah blah.... until I remembered something:
The school that the event took place at (along with numerous other Catholic Schools) BANNED any participation in Red Nose Day to take place at their school; no red noses, no non school uniform, no fundraising. This is because Comic Relief/ Red Nose Day promotes the use of condoms and contraception.
Contraception (especially condoms) saves thousands of lives each year; however, many more die without it and a lot of the reason why they don't have it is because they are catholic and instructed by the church that they should not use it for it is a sin.
Therefore.... a lot of the message of the event was hypocritical crap.
Other than that I had fun!

Bye bye bye bye bye love you loads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Careful with the Catholic bashing. It may be true about a number of UK Catholics that they are bad representatives of their faith, more puritan than Catholic, but you would be amazed at the level of church attendance in Poland. I think a great many Catholics have minds of their own, even when they admire the pope.